Search Scrapbook-N-Memories

 

 

 

 Hours: 

Tuesday-Friday: 10-6 & Saturday: 10-4.

Upcoming Classes and Events:

Dyan Reaveley

February 4th-5th, 2017

Garage Sale

March 3rd-4th, 2017

Weekend Retreat

April 7th-9th, 2017

 

Subscribe to Blog by Email

Blog Categories

Entries in Distress Paint (3)

Monday
Mar022015

12 Tags of 2015: March

I got busy and forgot all about February's Tag challenge, in my defense it was a short month. ;) I'm in LOVE with the first two colors released for the Color of The Month program and haven't played with them yet, so I thought today was the day to pull them out and create.

Following Tim's lead, I applied varies color of Distress Paint to my craft sheet, spritzed them with water and dragged my tag through the colors. My first attempt was kind of muddy and not very vibrant, so I dried the paint and repeated the same steps over the top of the mud.  

 

Loved applying the embossing powder to the top of the pasted image. Tim recommends waiting for the texture paste to dry completely, I did wait for about 1 minute and got bored. I hate waiting for things to dry, so away with my heat gun I went. The paste bubbled up since it was still wet, but I like it and I'm calling it texture.

Now time for my own twist. I dug around in my spare metal pieces and found some really cool laser cut wood gears that I had picked up at an event 2 years ago, part of a hinge that the other piece got lost and Tim's new phrase stickers.

Thank you for stopping my and checking out my creation. Hope this inspires to take the #12tagsof2015 challenge.

Wednesday
Jul302014

12 tags of 2014-July

This was one of my favorite tags that I have created so far by following along with Tim Holtz each month on his 12 tags of 2014 challenge. I absolutly love this new Sizzix die with the sea horse and the bubbles embossing folder. I created this tag with lots of Ranger products and Sizzix dies. I followed Tim's technique with the crackle paint on the sea horses and the paint for the tag background and then got bored and of course had to make it my own and change things up. I'm not good at following directions, I have to do my own things. ;)

Photo 

Wednesday
May072014

Distress Paint Marbling: CC3 Challenge 1

While surfing Facebook I discovered a bi-weekly challenge that I taught would be fun to participate in. It's called the Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge. This challenge is based on Tim Holtz's new book released at CHA winter. Every other Saturday Linda posts on her blogthe new challenge. You then look up the technique/product in Tim's Book and complete a project that uses that technique/product. Then link your project back onto the challenges post page. I like that you can then click on each one of the projects linked and see all the amazing pieces of art that others have created. There is even a bonus, Inspiration Emporium donated a $50 gift certificate for one lucky random winner of this challenge. So now that you know a little more about cc3, let's get started!

For the CC3 challenge 1, I decided to create a tag using the Distress Paint Marbling technique. I like to practice techniques onto smaller surfaces like tags and then once I have them mastered try them on a larger surface like an Art Journal page. I usually then end up putting the tags into my Art Journal too as embellishments and layers.

  I'm totally in LOVE with the new frameworks dies that Tim Holtz released at the winter CHA show. These are an awesome way to use up all of those scrap pieces of paper that you can't find yourself throwing out. When I'm done with a project, I'll run the scraps through my Big Shot machine with one of the frameworks dies and then throw all of the random die cut pieces into a basket to dig in later. All of the embellishments on this tag, were fished out of my scrap basket that I had used previously on an Art Journal page. The frame is die cut from Ranger's Foil Tape. The inserts were die cut from wood paper, sticky back canvas, patterned paper with glossy accents on top, dictionary pages and a scrap embossed paper covered in gesso.

The Queen Bee is from Unity Stamps. I stamp the bee onto watercolor paper with Archival Ink and colored the image in with Distress Markers. For the crown I added a little of Pewter Distress Stain with my water brush and Silver Liquid Pearls on the tips.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at my latest creation. Please feel freee to leave a comment.